An Observation

Anything that does not fit or belong in other forums
AlanWade

An Observation

Post by AlanWade »

Under Statistics on the main page it states Total Posts 74 Total Topics 15. Is that because of hidden Admin/Mod forums or the figures not resetting after deleted posts?
Not a biggie just a mention out of curiosity.
Technobable

Re: An Observation

Post by Technobable »

Hitting the nail on the head there.
What do you think oin the website?

--
Technobable aka the medler
AlanWade

Post by AlanWade »

Nice shiny and clean :)
I am not deliberately fault finding just fetching to your attention things that look out of place.
Technobable

Post by Technobable »

AlanWade wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:36 am Nice shiny and clean :)

Ty. No some say that certain things should not be and look out off place.
I am looking for constructive criticism here.

You see some have said. "and this thing has to be done properly and in a professional manner or not at all, please bear that in mind"
there is something that the staff/individuals are discussing in heated pm's flying back and forth. I have worked hard on things, however that does not
make them right. This is to be a venture and some say that they wont give us the time of day with the website the way it is.

Because its a hung jury situation I am asking for opinions,   ty once again its "Nice shiny and clean"   to shiny?

--
RafnS

Post by RafnS »

You're kidding, right? This did look interesting, but the website is a joke even if in development and would be better if, until there's actually something there and properly formatted at that, it was kept inaccessible to bots and public alike.

All these posts in here seem totally out of place if the purpose of /General Discussion/ is a general discussion of this project. Of the forums that there are, this could only fit in /Off Topic/ bacause the posts only refer to the state of affairs of the forums and website.

Things are not in any way fit for public use yet as far as I can tell. There just isn't anything there yet to discuss, not even an explanation of what the project is and what it is all about, although I saw some discussion in another forum which is how I came here.

I do part-time (volunteer) work in IT in my spare time, among other things helping to keep the TOR network going and working on large websites. I'll give you lot another week or two to sort yourselves out, then I'll vote with my feet so to say.

Technobable

Post by Technobable »

RafnS wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:57 pm You're kidding, right? This did look interesting, but the website is a joke even if in development and would be better if, until there's actually something there and properly formatted at that, it was kept inaccessible to bots and public alike.

All these posts in here seem totally out of place if the purpose of /General Discussion/ is a general discussion of this project. Of the forums that there are, this could only fit in /Off Topic/ bacause the posts only refer to the state of affairs of the forums and website.

Things are not in any way fit for public use yet as far as I can tell. There just isn't anything there yet to discuss, not even an explanation of what the project is and what it is all about, although I saw some discussion in another forum which is how I came here.

I do part-time (volunteer) work in IT in my spare time, among other things helping to keep the TOR network going and working on large websites. I'll give you lot another week or two to sort yourselves out, then I'll vote with my feet so to say.

Thanks precisely what would you change pls?(website)
you are right this is a general discussion of the project, because someone is not well and has not posting/posted it yet  we have no disive idea what the project is. We have from others and my post's in another forum, we have a ruff Idea of whats going to be done. 
Its easily moved to off topic, temporarily Its here. I understand you.
No we are as other posts have said in the early very early stages of development, yes when the other project lead is well enough the contents off that other thread will be summarized, and we can discuss them and start in earnest. Voting is free, I value yours and others opinions, why I posted to start with.

--
AlanWade

Post by AlanWade »

Is it possible with this board to get email notifications of replies, messages etc? I have worked on a couple and it came as standard but cannot see the setting here.
Thanks
Alan
Technobable

Post by Technobable »

AlanWade wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:14 am Is it possible with this board to get email notifications of replies, messages etc? I have worked on a couple and it came as standard but cannot see the setting here.
Thanks
Alan

It is supposed to be standard I have signed up to the process but yet to have any success with it I have not had any email notifications out of the system. I have bought a kindle book on phpBB forum software an up to date version. Its probably a setting in the back end that needs setting along with other things.
-:- If I have any success with it ile let you know -:-
--
Technobable

Post by Technobable »

Right I have had no success with this option however maybe something ive missed.

Board index User Control Panel Board preferences Edit notification options

The book says "You need to be subscribed to a forum or  a topic to get these notifications, and in most cases , phpBB won't bother to send you emails"
Shrug  maybe iam missing something
--